TTDX Editor is a program that lets you modify Transport Tycoon Deluxe saved games and scenarios. You can alter player
information, certain terrain elements, cities, industries, stations, vehicles and more!
- Allows you to modify Transport Tycoon Deluxe and TTDPatch saved games and scenarios
- Modify player money, loan and headquarter locations
- Modify player ratings for each city, and take ownership of their bridges!
- Remove all trees from a map
- Take ownership of AI roads
- Modify industry production (both cargo types and amount produced), including handy options to maximise or minimise production of all industries
- Modify station cargo ratings, acceptance, and amounts waiting
- Modify vehicle value, reliability, reliability drop rate, age, cargo and capacity
- And more!
Note that TTDX Editor does not currently work with OpenTTD saved games, or saved games from the original Transport Tycoon
or its expansion, the "World Editor".
TTDX Editor 1.20 was released on 12/03/2012. Changes in this version include:
- Marked saved games with basic record of what was changed (24/05/2004)
- Update MODIFIED.EXE to list game modifications (19/06/2004)
- Assorted cosmetic changes (10/03/2012)
- Run nicely on modern versions of Windows, and with limited privileges (10/03/2012)
- Update SGM plug-in with support for 2.3 registration system (12/03/2012)
- Setup program improvements; don't bundle WSH or DCOM95 (12/03/2012)
- Add "Check for Updates" feature (12/03/2012)
For TTDX Editor's full revision history, click here.
You can download TTDX Editor 1.20 from the Downloads page.
Please note that users of Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000 and NT 4.0 may require an update to their
Windows Scripting libraries. These updates (Windows Scripting Host 5.6) are also available
from the downloads page, and must be installed before TTDX Editor will function. Note that WSH
5.6 is included with Internet Explorer 6.0, so if you already have IE6 installed, you shouldn't
need any additional downloads.
Users of Windows 95 will also require the DCOM95 library to be installed - this must be
installed before TTDX Editor is installed. This file is also available on the downloads page.
TTDX Editor 1.20 is compatible with modern versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Vista
and 7. You will require administrator privileges to install TTDX Editor, but after installation,
the program should run perfectly well with a standard limited user account.
TTDX Editor has been released under the GNU General Public Licence, version 2. You can find the
source code at GitHub. Please read the README.md
file for information on the development environment required, the state of the source code, etc.
Pull requests are welcome - please use the GitHub interface.
If you encounter any problems when using TTDX Editor, please contact me.